While commuting to school or other places has been a major concern for many, people have started shifting to eco-friendly alternatives. Here, you cannot find one better than a longboard as these are designed with long and wide decks. Also, these integrate adjustable trucks and sturdy wheels that help you roll over the rough surfaces with ease.
Therefore, buying a quality longboard for commuting is not an exhausting and challenging job. However, it is significant to know your individual skill sets and requirements so you end up with the type that is suitable for you. To save your day, here are some of the best longboards for commuting reviews and buying instructions that can help you in choosing the one that works for you. So, let’s get in.
Table of Contents
- Best Longboards For Commuting Reviews
- 1. Magneto Bamboo Carbon Fiber Longboard Skateboard – Longboard For Commuting
- 2. FISH SKATEBOARDS 41-Inch Downhill Longboard – Longboard For Transportation
- 3. Volador 40inch Maple Longboard – Basic Cruiser
- 4. MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard Skateboard – Best Longboards For Long Distance
- 5. Seething 42 Inch Longboard – Best Commuter Longboard For The Money
- What to Look for When Buying the Best Longboards for Commuting: Everything You Need to Know
Best Longboards For Commuting Reviews
1. Magneto Bamboo Carbon Fiber Longboard Skateboard – Longboard For Commuting
- 9 inches wide sold deck
- Can bear load of 250 pounds
- Drop-through truck design
- Made with top quality fiber glass
If you are a fan of bamboo boards and want something convenient, this Magneto must be your first consideration. I am starting my list with this one because of its ergonomics and visually appealing design. Similarly, the fact that it is designed to help users with versatility and a smooth ride experience makes it stand among others.
The first thing you will notice in this design is its bamboo construction that makes it undoubtedly durable without any need for repairing. It further comes with a carbon fiber deck (38.5 inches long and 9 inches) wide that makes it great for free movement and cruising. I also really like the carver shape that allows you to perform complicated tricks with stability ensured.
In the end, when it comes to performance, this one is equipped with a 50-degrees angle aluminum truck that can be adjusted as per your needs. So, as per your skill-set and terrain, you can adjust these trucks. Also, the precise ABEC-9 bearings make the process balanced and smooth. Finally, the cool graphics are undoubtedly visually appealing.
In essence, this Magneto longboard is designed for beginners as well as experienced users, with proper functionality and comfort ensured. This board is made up of bamboo and incorporates a wide deck, so you can perform commuting tricks with absolute efficiency. Likewise, the sturdy wheels and precise trucks make the entire process thrilling and enjoyable.
2. FISH SKATEBOARDS 41-Inch Downhill Longboard – Longboard For Transportation
- Made with best 8 layers canadian maple
- Comes with 70mm polyurethane wheels
- Complete longboard no assembling required
- Can support a maximum load of 330lbs
The runner-up on my list of the best longboards for commuting is this Fish Skater, famous for its versatility and wide design that serves you well. Similarly, this modern and stylish design provides you with ease and safety. It also integrates quality bearings and a large deck that gives it an edge over others. Further, the aesthetically pleasing graphics make it worth your money.
Speaking of the design, the first thing you will notice in this design is that it is made up of pure maple wood. Hence, you are provided with absolute stability and safety. The fact that it comes with eight layers of maple makes it absolutely perfect for cruising and commuting. I further really appreciate the 330 pounds that make it easy to handle.
Last but not least, it is equipped with a 40-inch-wide deck that offers a great scope to maneuver freely, having control and precision. It also includes aluminum trucks that are quite impressive for commuting tricks. These are seven inches long, so you won’t be having any issues in balancing the board throughout. Finally, the bearings make sure you feel secure all along.
Final thoughts, if you are in search of something easy and versatile, I would highly recommend you go for this Fish Skating longboard. The stylish and functional design integrates aluminum trucks that make the process stable. Likewise, the wide deck allows you to do commuting tricks quite efficiently.
3. Volador 40inch Maple Longboard – Basic Cruiser
- It has got a solid rock maple deck
- Comes with 70mm polyurethane wheels
- Soft PU Wheels provides smooth ride
- Comes in different designs
If you are a professional skater who wants to level up his/ her commuting game, this Volador longboard is specifically designed for you. It is famous among experienced users for its precise bearings and efficient trucks that provide you with a thrilling and fun experience. I really like the colorful and engaging graphics that makes it visually appealing and eye-catching.
Similarly, the first thing you will notice in this design is the eight-layer maple construction that makes it highly durable and stable. Despite having so many layers, it is decently lightweight. So, you can easily control the process. These layers are further attached with the help of epoxy glue that offers quality adhesion and provides you with long service life.
Lastly, the board is equipped with adjustable aluminum trucks that ensure a stable and efficient process. Thereby, you can adjust the trucks between 45 and 50 degrees with absolute ease as per your skill’s requirements. The polyurethane wheels are my favorites as they help you with stability and balance throughout. All in all, it can easily withstand commuting tricks quite well.
In conclusion, this Volador longboard is by far the best longboard for commuting with a well-organized design and high-end feature that serves you well. I really like this board for its eight-layer construction and adjustable trucks that make the process thrilling and fun for you. In addition, the sturdy wheels and precise bearings give it an edge over others, with stability and performance ensured.
4. MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard Skateboard – Best Longboards For Long Distance
- 8 ply maple deck with 10 inches width
- Best for downhill riders
- Reverse kind-pin trucks
- ABEC-9 Bearings
Here comes another quality longboard from Minority Downhill, popular for its well-organized design that works on a number of surfaces. I really like the fact that this board can slide quite efficiently on the flat as well as elevated terrains. In addition, the cool graphics seem visually appealing, making it a modern and trendy alternative.
Likewise, the design is made up of maple wood that makes it absolutely lightweight and durable. Here, the 40-inch deck makes it phenomenal for cruising and commuting, having complete freedom to move around. I also highly appreciate the polyurethane wheels that keep the process stable and in your control.
In the end, if you are looking for a professional longboard, you will be pleased to know that it is equipped with seven inches aluminum trucks. So, you can perform complicated and difficult tricks quite efficiently. Finally, the ten inches wide deck space makes it remarkable in handling complicated terrains, having efficiency and balance ensured.
In conclusion, if you are in search of something efficient and comfortable, I would undoubtedly suggest you go for this one. It is equipped with quality aluminum trucks and maple construction. Hence, you are provided with stability and performance throughout the process. Also, the cool graphics make it absolutely worth your money.
5. Seething 42 Inch Longboard – Best Commuter Longboard For The Money
- 70mm polyurethane wheels
- Can bear a max load of 330 pounds
- Precision ABEC-11 bearings
- Ideal for gifting
Last but not least, this Seething longboard is primarily designed for cruising and can be used for commuting, all thanks to its long deck. This board offers a complete package of functionality and ease. If you are a budget enthusiast and want to save money yet want complete functionality, this is the one to go for.
Speaking of the design, it is made up of Canadian maple wood, so there is no need for repair and replacement. It further integrates a large 42 inches deck that makes it absolutely perfect for freestyle commuting. Despite including the PU wheels, you will notice that this board remains lightweight, so you can easily perform tricks with absolute freedom.
At the end, when it comes to performance, the 7-inch aluminum trucks make it safe and secure. These trucks, accompanied by the ABEC-11 bearings, allow you to use this board on complicated terrains such as ramps, pools, and even on rough grounds. Finally, it is worth mentioning that this Seething board is quite reacting and responsive, making it my favorite.
Final thoughts, if you want a pocket-friendly alternative with functionality and convenience, this Seething longboard is a great choice to invest in. It incorporates Canadian maple construction and precise aluminum trucks that provide you with response and stability. Likewise, the sturdy PU wheels make the process smooth.
What to Look for When Buying the Best Longboards for Commuting: Everything You Need to Know
Longboards have gained quite popularity over the years for their ergonomics design and transport facility. Also, commuting is a new trend that everyone is following, whether it is cruising in your empty pool or flexing your skills on tricky terrains. However, if you are using these boards as your daily workouts, it is ideal that you go for one that is ready to withstand all the hurdles in the way. Hence, for that, here are some things you should consider while buying the best longboards for commuting;
Types of Commuting Longboards
Longboards for commuting come in different sizes and shapes based on the overall skill set and different techniques involved in the process. Hence, it is ideal that you have an idea about your individual requirements. Here are the three primary types of these longboards you can find across the market;
- Cruising Longboards are the most popular ones, famous for their conventional features that help you in all areas over basic flat surfaces. These can be used in parks, pools, and uneven surfaces. These are designed to cover long distances with adjustable trucks and precise bearings. These also provide you with maneuverability and freedom to cruise over the surfaces with absolute comfort and traction.
- Downhill Longboards are primarily designed for rough and elevated surfaces, as the name suggests. These are designed to perform commuting tricks with ease and maneuverability, having quality and robust PU wheels. These include large and wide decks with adjustable trucks that help professionals in achieving stability and balance while going downhill.
- All-Terrain Longboards, as the name suggests, are designed for all types of terrains. These are the most commonly used boards as they come with relatively sturdy and durable wheels that can withstand complicated situations. These are often considered smart longboards with the absolute response, traction, and stability ensured.
Now, based on your daily usage, you can choose the one that works for you and suits your budget.
Most commonly, these are the two famous brands from which you can buy your longboard for commuting;
- Magneto is a well-reputed brand based in Calif, famous for its large collection of skateboards and longboards. The manufacturers have come up with surfing boards with durability, maneuverability, and stability. On the whole, Magneto has designed boards for beginners as well as professionals with different price ranges.
- Playshion is another known and reputed brand that has specialized in manufacturing skateboards and longboards. This brand has come up with freestyle and drop-through series that have gained immense popularity over the years. All in all, products coming from this brand are durable, functional, and are designed to provide users with maneuverability.
Features You Should Consider
Here are some of the key features you should always look for while buying a quality longboard for commuting;
Deck and Pushability
Probably the most important thing while buying the best longboard for commuting is its deck. This is because it helps you with the overall space to maneuver and perform different tricks. Hence, a long and wide deck is preferable in this case, without any compromise on its durability. For this purpose, I would recommend you go for either maple wood or bamboo as these are quite sturdy and tough and can help you achieve traction. Also, make sure that your deck is between 38- and 42-inches in size.
Wheels are another feature you should always look for as they are mainly responsible for keeping the process stable and balanced. Most commonly, you can find polyurethane or PU wheels, and they are quite durable. Try not to compromise on the wheels as they can help you in achieving overall traction and response on different terrains. If you are an experienced user, I would recommend you go for sturdy wheels that can be used on flat and rough surfaces.
Trucks and Bearings
Trucks are primarily responsible for the overall performance. These are designed to spin the wheels and help you in achieving a stable ride, with response ensured. Hence, it is recommended that you go for adjustable trucks (preferably between 45 and 50 degrees), so you can choose the one that suits your skill and the overall terrain. For bearings, I would suggest you go for stainless steel bearings, so the process remains smooth and responsive all along.
In the end, based on these buying instructions and key features, you can choose the best longboard for commuting for your individual demands.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are longboards good for commuting?
Yes, longboards are absolutely worth it if you are looking for something for commuting. This is because these boards are designed with a long and wide deck, having adjustable trucks and sturdy wheels. So, you are provided with traction, stability, and freedom to maneuver. Also, if you are worried about stylish and trendy designs, you can easily find the one that suits your style.
How to make commuting easy for beginners?
To make commuting easy and safe for you, it is recommended that you opt for the places with no or minimum traffic, so there are few hurdles in the way. Likewise, it is ideal that during the initial stages of using a longboard, you are primarily using it on flat surfaces. Also, find a good spot such as sidewalks or cycling tracks, so there is not much to get distracted by.
Is a skateboard better than longboards for commuting?
Longboards are designed with long and wide decks that help you with better response, stability, and traction. In contrast, they are designed for arc performance, providing you with ease to make sharp turns and change directions. Hence, these are well-suited for complicated and difficult tricks. So, if you are looking for something for commuting, I would suggest you go for a quality longboard.
While commuting to school or other places has been a major concern for many, people have started shifting to eco-friendly alternatives such as longboards. As these are designed with stability, traction, and freedom to move around, they are fun and thrilling to be used on different terrains. If you are looking for one, here are some of my favorites across the market;
- Seething 42 Inch Longboard is best known for its stability, ergonomics design, and adjustable trucks.
- FISH SKATEBOARDS 41-Inch Downhill Longboard is designed for rough terrains with adjustable trucks, precision bearings, and versatile design.
- Magneto Bamboo Carbon Fiber Longboard is one of the best for its well-organized design, quality construction, and high-end trucks.
In the end, We hope that with the help of this review and buying guide, you can choose the one that works for you.
- How to Look Cool Wearing a Skateboard Helmet – Flaunt Them Looks - January 8, 2022
- ABEC 7 Bearings vs. Bones Reds Bearings – Which One You Should Get? - December 26, 2021
- 7 Best Pants For Skateboarding in 2022 – Reviewing Top Picks & Buyer’s Guide - December 21, 2021